A Musical for Kids about The Kingdom of God.
“Let the little children come to me … for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.” – Jesus, Mark 10:14
Knights! Castles! Princesses! Dragons! Join Princess Pride, Sir Brags-a-lot, and their curious band on an amazing trek in a very faraway land.
When the Carpenter from another kingdom brings the troubling news that their castle (built far away from the King), is actually built on sand and will not withstand the coming storm, they hesitantly choose to follow him as he has promised to show them this “better Kingdom,” and assures them he’ll take them “all the way, and will never leave them.”
Encountering troubles, temptations, and some very funny characters along the way, ultimately their narrow road to “The Shining Kingdom” seems hopelessly blocked by the Dragon Doom. But the seemingly-simple Carpenter steps forward to fight the dragon on their behalf, and vows that “even if you hear that I have died slaying the dragon, don’t fear — my Father has promised I’ll be victorious, and see you safely home!”
Powerful gospel message — amazingly cool songs — the hippest tracks. Available from the finest choral music dealers.
Approximate Performance Time
Cast List/Character Descriptions
There are 16 speaking roles and 5-10 non-speaking roles available for casting in Happily Forever After. Any of the roles may be played by a boy or a girl with only slight name modifications in the script. The indications below show how we recorded them on the demonstration recording. Many roles could be played by older youth or adults.
Rotate your device horizontally to view the entire table.
|Name||Character||Gender||What They’re Like ...||No. of Scenes|
|Brooke||A young girl on a castle tour||Girl||She is full of enthusiasm and energy, never afraid to say what is on her mind. Her bubbly personality is evident in all she does. Major role.||9|
|The Carpenter||This kind man is more than just the simple carpenter he appears to|
be. In fact, he is really a prince.
|Boy||He shows great love, patience and humility to those around him. Major role.|
|Princess Pride||Princess in the castle||Girl||She is quite concerned with her appearance. She has little care for anything but herself, as the story progresses, she begins to see things a little differently. Major role.||7|
|Sir Brags A Lot||Daring Knight||Boy||He is always ready to impress others with tales of his daring feats. He is rather conceited and seeks attention for himself, but he too slowly comes to see things another way. Major role.||7|
|Page One||Eager new assistant to Sir Brags A Lot||Boy||He is in awe of his new master and follows him like a puppy. He is quite friendly and easygoing. Major role. Can be a younger child.||8|
|Lady Windabag||A friend of Princess Pride||Girl||She likes to talk and can sometimes be a complainer. She shares Princess Pride’s love for clothes and such.|
|Madam Luxuree||A friend of Princess Pride||Girl||Like Princess Pride, she too loves material things. In fact, so much so, that she is willing to part from her friends to go back to the “easy” life she enjoys.||3|
|Sir Court Lee||A friend of Sir Brags A Lot||Boy||He is a gentleman in every sense of the word. He is jealous of Sir Brags a Lot and finds his stories to be...well, unbelievable.||7|
|Sir Burlyman||A friend of Sir Brags A Lot||Boy||He is one tough guy and is a friend of Sir Court Lee. They share the same skepticism of Sir Brags A Lot’s exploits.||7|
|Fee Fee||Keeper of the toll bridge||Girl||She is the “bossy type.” One scene only.|
|Count Ze Coins||Just as his name implies, he is all about making money.||Boy||He is a friendly, but greedy man, with his own interests up front. One scene only.||1|
|Vacation Dad||Brooke’s father||Boy||Quite caught up in history and old castles, he tends to forget this is a vacation due to his interest in the tour he is taking, but he does love his family! Few lines.||2|
|Vacation Mom||Brooke’s mother||Girl||She is tender-hearted, and is trying to keep the peace in the family she loves dearly. Few lines.||2|
|Daniel||Brooke’s younger brother||Boy||He likes to use his imagination and pick on his older sister. Should be a younger boy, full of energy.||2|
|Tour Guide||A typical tour guide||Girl||She is all about keeping the interest of the tourist at the castle.||2|
|Knight||Knight||Boy||He is serious, well meaning knight who is guarding the narrow road. One scene only.||1|
We have provided the entire audio recording of all our musicals on this site to assist you in thoroughly evaluating the musical. We invite you to listen as many times as you wish, and even to invite your assistants or other choir helpers to come here to help you in evaluating the musical.
However, we ask you to please understand that we have not posted the recording here so that your choir members may utilize this audio to learn the musical, thereby avoiding purchase of the printed scores and/or recordings which are available for sale. Producing a great musical like this requires much work by dedicated writers, and much expense on the part of the publisher.
Simply put, if you use this free audio recording, which is provided for your convenience in evaluating the musical, as the tool to teach the music to the children in the choir instead of purchasing the products for the children, then we cannot afford to create musicals like this. We rely on the income from the purchase of our products (including some great lower-cost options like Bulk CDs, reproducible scripts and lyrics, and reproducible recordings) to fund the expense of producing this project for you.
Thank you for understanding!
We've provided graphic files for you to download to use for posters, bulletins, ads, and tattoos (well, be careful on that one!). These files may be downloaded and used in conjunction with your performance for no charge. Click the thumbnails below to enlarge.
Save money, enjoy more flexibility
We are happy to offer these special licensing options to make your life easier:
Reproducible Script & Lyrics
- We provide you with a master file of the drama script and song lyrics (text only, no music score), and a license granting you legal permission to print copies for your kids, copy and paste into PowerPoint or other projection program to use in rehearsals and performance, print on a white board or flip chart. In fact, you can do all of these if you wish.
- You tell us the total quantity of users, and you pay $2.99 per user regardless of whether you print out copies for them every week, or use only projection, etc. The fee is not “per copy,” but “per user.” If you pay for 25 now, and end up with 35 later, you just return here, log in to your account, and pay for the additional users. Or, if the quantity you need to add is less than the default minimum of 15 allowed by the shopping cart, please just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell us how many more you need.
- Along with the huge cost-savings, this option offers great flexibility in that you can easily edit the script, allowing you to add or subtract characters, change names, divide up parts, etc., before printing and distributing to your kids. You can also add in staging cues to fit your situation, or add your own director notes or instructions. You may also print copies to send home, print other copies to keep at church or school, print more copies to send home when the first ones are lost ;-), so that no one ever needs to be caught without their copy.
Reproducible Script & Lead Sheets
- Similar to the Script & Lyrics, but the songs are single-stave vocal line scores (just like the choral book) presented in PDF files, while the drama script comes as an easy-to-edit Microsoft Word file. This also offers a tremendous cost savings at just $3.99 per user.
Reproducible Demo Recording
- Burn your own CDs for just $5.99 per copy. We provide you with a license granting you full legal permission to either copy an existing CD (perhaps the CD that comes in the back of the Review Pack), or download the recording in MP3 format. Of course, you may prefer to purchase our Bulk CD 10-packs for $69.99 (essentially $6.99 per disc), or you may choose this reproducible option for $5.99 per copy.
- In addition to the cost savings, this can provide some additional flexibility. You can opt for any quantity (5 copy minimum), and not be constrained to quantities of 10. Before burning your CD copies, you can choose exactly what you want on the copied CDs. For example, you may want to leave off the recorded drama dialog on the copies that most of the kids receive, and only include it on copies that the actors receive.