iAM: The Real Life App for All That is a children’s musical designed to teach kids that even with all of our distractions and entertainment, the most exciting thing in life is getting to know the God who made us.
We’re living in a world of smartphones, tablets, apps and games, but the same God who spoke to Moses from a burning bush still wants to communicate with us today! In fact, with all of our distractions and entertainment, the most exciting thing in life is getting to know the God who made us.
Join super app-designer Solomon and the amazing creative team at the App Factory, where you not only play the games, but you get into the game, and discover the real life app for all that!
Approximate Performance Time
Cast List/Character Descriptions
There are 12 speaking roles available for casting in iAM. Any of the roles may be played by a boy or a girl with only slight name modifications in the script. The indications below show how we recorded them on the demonstration recording. Many roles could be played by older youth or adults.
Rotate your device horizontally to view the entire table.
|Name||Character||Gender||What They’re Like ...||No. of Scenes|
|Solomon||Head Game Designer||Boy||An intelligent man who is hard at work making games for kids to play. He is the creator of the “iAM” APP.||8|
|Claire||One of the kids who gets to tour the Lab||Girl||She is not afraid of anything, is fun loving and ready to try new things.||8|
|Josh||One of the kids who gets to tour the Lab||Boy||He is your competitive sports kid, who seems to know everything and never lacks for confidence.||8|
|Morgan||One of the kids who gets to tour the Lab||Girl||She loves technology and is crazy about anything to do with APPs.||8|
|J.T.||One of the kids who gets to tour the Lab||Boy||He is your average kid who loves games and hanging out with friends.||8Av8ery|
|A8vAevrey ry||One of the Apprentices in the Lab||Girl||She is quite informative and ready to give instruction where needed.||5|
|Aaron||One of the Apprentices in the Lab||Boy||Happy to give instruction to kids, very cheerful and easy going.||5|
|Serious||A robot designed by Solomon||Girl||She is the non-emotional robot that can quote anything from the Bible as commanded. Monotone voiced.||4|
|Kristin||Assistant to Solomon||Girl||Bubbly assistant, always a smile, likes to chew her gum and talk.||2|
|Announcer||Announcer at the App Factory Store||Boy||Very strong, bold personality. Always talk- ing as if he is on a stage.||2|
|Mom||Josh’s Mom||Girl||A sometimes overprotective mom on the go.||1|
|Dad||Josh’s Dad||Boy||A friendly man who loves his wife and son.||1|
Questions or Special Requests?
Are you hoping to record your performance on video and make DVDs or put it up on the web? Please don't hesitate to contact us for this license or any other special requests or questions and we will be happy to help! Visit the Contact Page for more information.
Animated Graphic Sequences
Three video loops are available for you to download and utilize during your performance of iAM. Free!
A preview of each sequence is available below. Navigate by clicking the titles, “Title Screen”, “Scanner”, and “Factory”, then click the play button to preview.
We have provided the entire audio recording of all our musicals on this site to assist you in thoroughly evaluating the musical. We invite you to listen as many times as you wish, and even to invite your assistants or other choir helpers to come here to help you in evaluating the musical.
However, we ask you to please understand that we have not posted the recording here so that your choir members may utilize this audio to learn the musical, thereby avoiding purchase of the printed scores and/or recordings which are available for sale. Producing a great musical like this requires much work by dedicated writers, and much expense on the part of the publisher.
Simply put, if you use this free audio recording, which is provided for your convenience in evaluating the musical, as the tool to teach the music to the children in the choir instead of purchasing the products for the children, then we cannot afford to create musicals like this. We rely on the income from the purchase of our products (including some great lower-cost options like Bulk CDs, reproducible scripts and lyrics, and reproducible recordings) to fund the expense of producing this project for you.
Thank you for understanding!
For those who are performing with "live" accompaniment, we provide a free download of the Sound Effects on the SoundFX Page, or by clicking the download link below!
We've provided graphic files for you to download to use for posters, bulletins, ads, and tattoos (well, be careful on that one!). These files may be downloaded and used in conjunction with your performance for no charge. Click the thumbnails below to enlarge.
Save money, enjoy more flexibility
We are happy to offer these special licensing options to make your life easier:
Reproducible Script & Lyrics
- We provide you with a master file of the drama script and song lyrics (text only, no music score), and a license granting you legal permission to print copies for your kids, copy and paste into PowerPoint or other projection program to use in rehearsals and performance, print on a white board or flip chart. In fact, you can do all of these if you wish.
- You tell us the total quantity of users, and you pay $2.99 per user regardless of whether you print out copies for them every week, or use only projection, etc. The fee is not “per copy,” but “per user.” If you pay for 25 now, and end up with 35 later, you just return here, log in to your account, and pay for the additional users. Or, if the quantity you need to add is less than the default minimum of 15 allowed by the shopping cart, please just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell us how many more you need.
- Along with the huge cost-savings, this option offers great flexibility in that you can easily edit the script, allowing you to add or subtract characters, change names, divide up parts, etc., before printing and distributing to your kids. You can also add in staging cues to fit your situation, or add your own director notes or instructions. You may also print copies to send home, print other copies to keep at church or school, print more copies to send home when the first ones are lost ;-), so that no one ever needs to be caught without their copy.
Reproducible Script & Lead Sheets
- Similar to the Script & Lyrics, but the songs are single-stave vocal line scores (just like the choral book) presented in PDF files, while the drama script comes as an easy-to-edit Microsoft Word file. This also offers a tremendous cost savings at just $3.99 per user.
Reproducible Demo Recording
- Burn your own CDs for just $5.99 per copy. We provide you with a license granting you full legal permission to either copy an existing CD (perhaps the CD that comes in the back of the Review Pack), or download the recording in MP3 format. Of course, you may prefer to purchase our Bulk CD 10-packs for $69.99 (essentially $6.99 per disc), or you may choose this reproducible option for $5.99 per copy.
- In addition to the cost savings, this can provide some additional flexibility. You can opt for any quantity (5 copy minimum), and not be constrained to quantities of 10. Before burning your CD copies, you can choose exactly what you want on the copied CDs. For example, you may want to leave off the recorded drama dialog on the copies that most of the kids receive, and only include it on copies that the actors receive.